Sleep Well or Forever Hold Your Peace (A Poem)

In here I stand as I lay to rest,
In query on the day to come.
What will it bring,
Where will it lead,
What new experience will shape my being.
How many times,
How many days,
How many years must pass me by,
Gone like an average looking car in a morning commute,
Fading into the distance of a silent memory.
What will be different,
What will wake my soul,
What will bring me life,
To remember & treasure?
What good fortune will come my way,
To shape my future & welcome bliss.
My heart grinds to a halt,
My eyes grow heavy,
As I realize it's time,
To recharge my battery. Maybe sleep for a change,
Forget the sorrow, And leave worry for tomorrow.
Who knows, Maybe I'll wake up and everything will be okay?
Maybe I should begin & forget about the past.
How many worries gone like faded memories,
How many years wasted on worry?
Maybe just once I can sleep a peaceful night,
Just knowing there's tomorrow & everything's okay.

Popular Posts