A Letter From G-d to Each & Every Jew. (A Poem)


When I started to create, It began with light & dark,
From land & seas, to the sun & moon, I knew there was a spark,
Then I went on, created creatures of the sky, 
Sea Bass down below, and mammals roaming free,
Then I created Adam, I said it was all for him,
I gave him Eve, I gave him a snake,
I gave him free choice and he made a mistake,
But most of all I gave him, Shabbat to sing & pray,
An entrance into Eden, free from earthly prey.
As the years went on & the generations grew, 
Life became forgotten & people thought they knew,
Well I destroyed them,
All but one of good.
Ten generations later, Abraham came along...
He spread the truth & meaning,
He told them of my being,
I even gave him children, despite your barren mother,
I promised him the stars, I didn't ask for the moon,
That promise I fulfilled & your redemption is coming soon.
Abraham was Kindness that stemmed from my creation,
Then Isaac was my strength, and source for admiration, 
I put glory into Israel & eternal you shall be,
Moses was born in Egypt and I gave him victory,
Aaron stood up for godliness, the source of human life,
Joseph went down to Egypt, to hard to describe,
A man of God he was, in jail or as the viceroy,
So pivotal in the story, and holy beyond all means,
While David had the Kingdom, where Israel would reside,
The glory lies in Israel & every country side!
My beautiful Israel! Behold your granted beauty,
Your glory and your kindness, Your knowledge & your wisdom,
I bring you forth from me, Because I know your precious soul,
I've rested on this day, I've given you a gift,
When you come home for Shabbat,
Remember I am here,
Every week I wait for you,
At the doors of tranquil rest,
My spirit dwells within you, On this day of joy & high,
My spirit dwells within you, As I long for you & sigh,
When will you return,
When will you come near,
When will you come back to me,
Oh Israel; you are my dear,
So let go of all your fear, And remember me for love,
Remember I am with you, And watching from above.


Popular Posts