Sweet Goodbyes (A Poem)


Good people, to live with for a night,

Smiles all around, a beautiful sight,

Just positive energy, Maybe a soft melody,


Reliving it in my head,As I sink into my bed,


People all around, Singing beautiful sounds,


For words of a better moment, Unable to describe,When people are so genuine, Good hearted & fine,


I slow my way in, to not lure the attention,But the love just compounds as the party goes on,


A friend was leaving town, But not with a frown,They gave him warm goodbyes, For he was truly renown,


We spoke of his good qualities, We jammed some chillin' songs,We spoke of our philosophies, Till the neighbors came along,


They complained one time before,The clock clicks two again,


So we decide to cut it short,Maybe we'll meet again, on the other side of the river.




Popular Posts