A Greater Adventure

The spirit of adventure
Pulling at me like a tug of war,
As I hold on to the structure in my life,
The work to realize my dreams. 

Be free in travel,
Or be grounded in work,

Or the fight,
Or the peace,
Either way, 
I’ll be giving up something.

For peace, for love,
For the love of money,

For the glorified shelf,
I call my New York Loft. 

To reach another goal,
To travel to another land,

Raise children,
Credit worthiness,
And the lust for a good future,

I sell my present for the future,
Everyday. 
In hopes that my work will appreciate to a greater adventure.

The artist in me,
The musician that never playing s,
The photographer who doesn’t even open his camera,
Or the poet who has no time to write. 

Are all screaming as I watch my creative mind become a recessive gene. 

Those kids won’t know,
But I know,
That the true love I have for those kids,
Are here and working me,
Every minute of every day.

So when the poets and songwriters frown at my choices,
I tell myself to silence the voices in my head,
For it is love that drives me,
And love that confines me,
But love that defines me,
In the world inside me.

Who can understand...
Such a deep love?

When the life I love has not yet come to life,
Who can understand...
The work of a man,
Who can understand...
When buried in their own pain. 

Lost are the artists with the illusion of greatness, 

Lost are the parents with the illusions of life,

And lost are the children who throw it all away, in search for a better life,
A greater adventure...


Popular Posts