The fight to see the light...

Life is too dark for music today,
Life is too dark to make art today,
Life is but a reflection of what's inside me,
But today the clouds are too dark inside of me,
Life is too dark today,
So dark that I cannot see the light,
I can't see the beauty surrounding me,
The colors have dulled,
The music receded into the background,
Nothing matters besides this gaping hole inside of me,
Hate, fear, jealousy, resentment, all negative, why?
 Why must I be slave to this depressing soul, why must I live, captive in my mind,
Why can't I be free, and look outward for inspiration,
Why is this world so dark today,
47 minutes to get out of bed,
Hell, it's not even a Monday.
What is a Monday anyway,
People running to jobs they hate,
To earn freedom at 65,
What about 21?
Get high, make mistakes,
Let people decide what to do with their lives,
Not structure them into this world of sin,
Of the dishonest ruling the suicidal,
Of the greedy ruling the givers,
Of the frowns ruling the smiles,
Win this war,
If you find yourself on the positive side,
Just know,
I am your general,
I am your king,
I am your leader but I am week today,
If you find yourself on the negative side,
Just know,
I'm coming for you,
And I will destroy every last remnant of your disgusting ideology,
Your thoughts will be consumed into another dimension,
Trapped inside some kind of holy grail,
I'll kill you!
The resentment sets in,
The anger,
The danger, of what it can do,
The lost loves over better careers,
The lost time over chasing a dream,
The lost money over theft & scams,
The lost recourses over selfishness & greed,
The hate,
The fear,
The jealousy,
The resentment,

The gaping hole,

Inside my soul,

Life is too dark today

Too dark for the music I play,

Too dark to make art today,

Fight this war with peace, 
Fight this war with love,
Fight this war with everything you have,

Because if your world dies,
A piece of ours dies too,

We need you,
No matter who you are... 



Popular Posts